Henry's Hamburgers

Photo courtesy of Washington State Archives, Puget Sound Regional Branch

HomeHenry’s Hamburgers
RST_HenryHamb_THEN_p70

Kenmore History

In 1931, Henry Lemm built a long, narrow structure at 6215 Bothell Way that housed Henry’s Hamburgers & Tavern on the east end and a summertime fruit stand called Henry the Watermelon King on the west. Watermelon sold for five cents a slice. Some customers liked to “sit on the bank overlooking Lake Washington to see who could spit the seeds the farthest,” according to a local resident.

0
Favorites