The Anderson Family

Kenmore Heritage Society Archives

HomeThe Anderson Family
4.LydiaAnderson&Fam

Kenmore History

The Andersons came to Kenmore from Deer Lodge, Montana in 1922 with children Ferne, Harry Jr., Leslie, Doris, Ruth, Dick, and an 11-month-old baby girl. They built a house on a five-acre logged-off “stump ranch” they bought on 73rd Avenue NE along Swamp Creek. The Andersons planted fruit trees and a vegetable garden, and raised chickens, rabbits, pigs, and their children. Lydia canned produce from their garden to feed the family during the winter months.

0
Favorites