Business & Industry

Plywood Supply Moves

In the 1950s, entrepreneur Ralph Swanson moved his Plywood Supply business from Lake City to Kenmore where he persuaded the railroad to provide a spur to the location on NE 175th Street. This sign on his newly-acquired property was a first step to opening a warehouse there in 1956.
SuzanneG
January 29, 2018
Business & Industry

Kenmore Realty

Real-estate offices sprang up in the 1920s and ‘30s to sell cheap land. This office on Bothell Way at 63rd Avenue advertised view lots with electricity for as little as $200. The site is now home to the Tai Ho Restaurant. This photo often brings a chuckle in light of…
SuzanneG
January 29, 2018