The reader board of Kenmore Community Church (formerly Kenmore Baptist Church) has been offering thought-provoking messages through the 1990s and into the new century. Photo courtesy of Kenmore Community Church
A simple frame building, once the Moorlands Community Club building on NE 166th Street, became Inglemoor Community Church in 1946. An early worshipper waits to greet congregation members. Photo courtesy of Norman Overland.
Kenmore's first worship group purchased a defunct roadhouse, the Tip Top Inn, in 1934 and founded Kenmore Chapel on Bothell Way at 75th Avenue NE. This 1939 photo depicts how the congregation modified the inn to include a sanctuary and built a bell tower (rear). Photo courtesy of Washington State…
This Episcopal Church, with its soaring façade, opened in 1964, replacing two earlier structures on the same church property at NE 182nd Street and 62nd Avenue NE. Photo courtesy of Church of the Redeemer.
The congregation of Emmanuel Tabernacle mission church at Linwood Heights clusters outside the church in the 1940s. The church name later became Bethel Evangelical Free Church. Photo courtesy of Ruth Rongerude.