Schools & Libraries

Inglemoor High School

The Kenmore area got its own high school in 1965 atop a hill along Simonds Road. Inglemoor High School has been renovated in recent years and serves more than 1,500 students. Photo by Dick Taylor
SuzanneG
March 25, 2019
Schools & Libraries

Kenmore Junior High

Kenmore Junior High opened its doors in 1961 to students who formerly traveled to Bothell for their junior high classes. The school houses 700 to 800 students at 20323 66th Avenue NE. Photo courtesy of Northshore School District
SuzanneG
March 25, 2019
Schools & Libraries

Moorlands Elementary

Built in 1963 to serve the burgeoning Moorlands area school population, Moorlands Elementary is located on 84th Avenue NE at NE 151st Street. Photo courtesy of Northshore School District
SuzanneG
March 25, 2019
Schools & Libraries

Kenmore Elementary

The first school built to serve Kenmore's growing 1950s' population is admired by some of its new occupants in the fall of 1955. Kenmore Elementary is located at NE 191st Street and 71st Avenue NE. Photo from the Bothell Citizen
SuzanneG
March 25, 2019
Schools & Libraries

Bastyr University

Bastyr University occupies a fifty acre wooded setting, formerly St. Thomas Seminary, adjacent to St. Edwards Park. The academic center for natural medicines was founded in Seattle and moved to this site in 1996. Photo courtesy of Bastyr University
SuzanneG
March 25, 2019
Schools & Libraries

The Kenmore Schoolhouse

The Kenmore schoolhouse was occupied for two years, 1914-1916, until consolidating with Bothell, and later served as a meeting place for the newly organized Kenmore Community Club. After club members built their own quarters, the schoolhouse stood vacant for years, as evidenced by this 1930s picture. Photo courtesy of Washington…
SuzanneG
March 25, 2019
Schools & Libraries

Early Day School

School-age children of McMaster Mill employees attended class in one of the sawmill shacks like this one, from 1901 until a schoolhouse was built in 1914. Kenmore Heritage Society photo
SuzanneG
March 25, 2019
Schools & Libraries

King County Bookmobile

Library patrons in the Kenmore area marked their calendars to remind them to meet the King County Library System bookmobile, which served the community on wheels for more than three decades until the Kenmore Library opened in a renovated barn in 1958 with a collection of 5,600 book titles.
SuzanneG
January 29, 2018
Schools & Libraries

First Kenmore Library

On July 21, 1958, Kenmore’s first public library opened in a former barn on 73rd Avenue NE, some 40 years before the city’s incorporation. The new library, founded by an “army of enthusiastic volunteers,” initially offered 5,600 titles. Jean Smith was the first librarian. Here, Ruth Munson leads a story-telling…
SuzanneG
January 29, 2018