Skip to main content

Kenmore Garage

Beginning in 1922, Al Telquist (right) operated Kenmore’s first auto-repair garage at 65th Avenue NE and Bothell Way with his father-in-law, Dan Dygert. The large sign above the door reads “Kenmore Garage, Shell Gasoline, Day and Night Service.” Auto traffic in the area surged after opening of the brick road from Lake Forest Park through Kenmore to Bothell in 1913.

Photo courtesy of the Telquist Family